By Andrea Swayne

The search for a 60-year-old male who went missing while swimming in the ocean off of Dana Point on Saturday has been terminated, officials said.According to a news release by Lt. Jeff Hallock of the Orange County Sheriff’s Department and Orange County Lifeguard Chief Jason Young, the missing man was last seen body surfing in the water near lifeguard tower No. 2 at Salt Creek Beach and was reported missing at 11:33 a.m.A 30-hour multi-agency search, by dive teams from the Orange County Lifeguards and the Sheriff’s Department and Harbor Patrol and U.S. Coast Guard vessels, was unsuccessful in finding any sign of the man.

Active search efforts were called off as of 6 p.m. on Sunday, Aug. 25, the statement said.

A high surf advisory for the area had been issued by the National Weather Service. Surfline.com was reporting waves in the 4- to 6-foot range and building, with occasionally larger sets.

The Sheriff’s Department and Coast Guard will continue surface observations from ground and air over the next several days, authorities said.

Officials have not released the name of the missing man and are only saying he is from out of state.

About The Author Dana Point Times

comments (0)

Your email address will not be published.

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>