Dana Point Times
The 2015 edition of the San Clemente Ocean Festival was definitely a unique one, with many of the annual water festival’s first-day events cancelled and re-scheduled to take place July 19 due to weather. Nevertheless, many of the area’s top lifeguards, swimmers, surf groms and stand-up paddleboarders flocked to the beach just north of the San Clemente Pier to take part in the annual competition.
Here is a breakdown of the top finishers from several of the event’s larger competitions, separated by age and gender. For full results, visit www.oceanfestival.org.
One-Mile Ocean Swim
Top Men’s Division
- Yann De Fabrique 2. Shane Asbury 3. Hanno Rosner and Kaikea Wilinski
Top Women’s Division
- Isabella Siering 2. Nerice Smith 3. Kailey Makuta
Sport of Kings
- Giorgio Gomez 2. Dave Boehne 3. Jeramie Vaine
- Shae Foudy 2. Alex Higginson 3. Lexi Alston
- Christina Boring/Unknown 2. Danika Thompson/Ian Kos 3. Jeffrey Kennedy/Sara Kennedy
- Guy Kinsey/Zachary Richter 2. Shane Asbury/Joel Simondson 3. Patrick Jacobson/Hayden Hemmens
- Carter Graves/Tracy Didinger 2. Laurel Kistler/Jenna Solberg 3. Nerice Smith/Kira Kinsey
Dory Race #1
- James Bray/Dane DeBoer 2. Mitch Kahn/Rob Pelkey 3. Chris Coy/Camden Holden