SUPPORT THIS INDEPENDENT JOURNALISM
The article you’re about to read is from our reporters doing their important work — investigating, researching, and writing their stories. We want to provide informative and inspirational stories that connect you to the people, issues and opportunities within our community. Journalism requires lots of resources. Today, our business model has been interrupted by the pandemic; the vast majority of our advertisers’ businesses have been impacted. That’s why the DP Times is now turning to you for financial support. Learn more about our new Insider’s program here. Thank you.
Dana Point Times
The 2015 edition of the San Clemente Ocean Festival was definitely a unique one, with many of the annual water festival’s first-day events cancelled and re-scheduled to take place July 19 due to weather. Nevertheless, many of the area’s top lifeguards, swimmers, surf groms and stand-up paddleboarders flocked to the beach just north of the San Clemente Pier to take part in the annual competition.
Here is a breakdown of the top finishers from several of the event’s larger competitions, separated by age and gender. For full results, visit www.oceanfestival.org.
One-Mile Ocean Swim
Top Men’s Division
- Yann De Fabrique 2. Shane Asbury 3. Hanno Rosner and Kaikea Wilinski
Top Women’s Division
- Isabella Siering 2. Nerice Smith 3. Kailey Makuta
Sport of Kings
- Giorgio Gomez 2. Dave Boehne 3. Jeramie Vaine
- Shae Foudy 2. Alex Higginson 3. Lexi Alston
- Christina Boring/Unknown 2. Danika Thompson/Ian Kos 3. Jeffrey Kennedy/Sara Kennedy
- Guy Kinsey/Zachary Richter 2. Shane Asbury/Joel Simondson 3. Patrick Jacobson/Hayden Hemmens
- Carter Graves/Tracy Didinger 2. Laurel Kistler/Jenna Solberg 3. Nerice Smith/Kira Kinsey
Dory Race #1
- James Bray/Dane DeBoer 2. Mitch Kahn/Rob Pelkey 3. Chris Coy/Camden Holden