Starting Monday, May 1, different parking lots in the Dana Point Harbor will be closed due to construction.
According to county officials the scope of work includes:
- Isolated repairs to heavily damaged areas
- Removal of four trees that have damaged the existing concrete planters and adjacent pavement
- Removal of broken concrete
- Cold mill around hardscape to match elevation finish surfaces
- Place reinforcing fabric
- Place asphalt concrete finish surface or a seal coat—asphalt slurry mixture—depending on precondition of parking lot as determined by the engineer
- Stripe/stencil parking lots
Below is the schedule of lot closures:
- Lot 1– Lot for whale watching and fishing excursions – May 1-2
- Lot 2– Lot just west of the whale watching and fishing excursions- May 8-9
County officials said these lots will have the greatest impact to the public. Arrangements have been made for the public to use lot three while construction is occurring.
- Lot 3– Permit lot off of Street of the Golden Lantern- May 16-18
- Lot 4– Boat storage lot between Golden Lantern and Embarcadero- May 3-10, work will be performed in two phases
- Lot 5– Lot just west of Golden Lantern- May 17-22, work will be performed in two phases.
- Lot 6– Baby Beach parking lot- May 15-22
- Lot 7– Harbor Patrol parking lot, May 22-24
- Lot 8– Casitas lot, May 16-18
Below is a map of the parking lots that will be affected.
The schedule is subject to change due to inclement weather or other unforeseen situations, according to county staff.