SUPPORT THIS INDEPENDENT JOURNALISM
The article you’re about to read is from our reporters doing their important work — investigating, researching, and writing their stories. We want to provide informative and inspirational stories that connect you to the people, issues and opportunities within our community. Journalism requires lots of resources. Today, our business model has been interrupted by the pandemic; the vast majority of our advertisers’ businesses have been impacted. That’s why the DP Times is now turning to you for financial support. Learn more about our new Insider’s program here. Thank you.
To accommodate the number of guests that could be visiting the Dana Point Harbor, county officials will implement the following actions:
Catalina Express customers, merchant and restaurant employees will be directed to park at the Embaracdero one-acre parcel on Monday, Sept. 4.
Boaters with gate cards or windshield passes will have access to the boater lots.
According to officials:
- Depending on the weather, public parking and picnic areas will fill early
- Marina parking lots will be staffed
- Boaters-plan ahead and bring supplies to the boats early
- Attendants will monitor parking during the weekend
- Campers, R.V.s and trailers are prohibited in marina lots and may be towed
- Those who have guests visiting, make plans to meet them at the parking gate
- Marina staff will monitor availability and use discretion regarding the number of guest vehicles admitted into the lots
- Encourage guests to carpool and use on-street parking.