SUPPORT THIS INDEPENDENT JOURNALISM
The article you’re about to read is from our reporters doing their important work — investigating, researching, and writing their stories. We want to provide informative and inspirational stories that connect you to the people, issues and opportunities within our community. Journalism requires lots of resources. Today, our business model has been interrupted by the pandemic; the vast majority of our advertisers’ businesses have been impacted. That’s why the DP Times is now turning to you for financial support. Learn more about our new Insider’s program here. Thank you.
During the Tuesday, May 16 City Council meeting, a variety of items were approved.
Those items include:
- The 2017-2018 Law Enforcement Services Agreement (4-1)
- A notice of completion for the construction of police services renovation project 2016 (5-0)
- A Cooperation Agreement between the county and the city regarding Orange County Small City Urban program (5-0) as well to authorize the city manger to sign the agreement (5-0)
- Renewal of professional service contract for information technology services with BreaIT (5-0)
- To adopt a complementary paratransit plan required by Americans with Disability Act and the Orange County Transportation Authority for the 2016 Project V Grant for a fixed-route local transit service (5-0)
- To uphold the director of community development’s determination that a property along Beach Road is within the FP3 Floodplan Overlay District (4-0-1, Councilman John Tomlinson recused himself)
The Council approved to have a follow up workshop regarding the proposed 2017-2018 and 2018-2019 budget, but did not schedule a specific time or date.
During Consent Calendar, all of the items passed 5-0.
The next Council meeting will be June 6.