SUPPORT THIS INDEPENDENT JOURNALISM
The article you’re about to read is from our reporters doing their important work — investigating, researching, and writing their stories. We want to provide informative and inspirational stories that connect you to the people, issues and opportunities within our community. Journalism requires lots of resources. Today, our business model has been interrupted by the pandemic; the vast majority of our advertisers’ businesses have been impacted. That’s why the DP Times is now turning to you for financial support. Learn more about our new Insider’s program here. Thank you.
Update- The roundup from the June 6 meeting can be found by clicking here.
The main item for Dana Point City Council meeting is the budget.
Below is a list of items that could be discussed and voted on during the Tuesday, June 6 meeting.
Presentations and Proclamations
- Presentation to Dana Hills High School – Boys Swimming and Diving CIF Championships
- Waive the reading of ordinances and approve reading by title only
- Special joint meeting minutes, May 15
- Regular meeting minutes, May 16
- Special meeting minutes, May 23
- Planning Commission meeting minutes, April 10
- Youth Board meeting minutes, May 4
- Arts & Culture Commission minutes, March 15
- Ocean Water Quality meeting minutes, March 28
- Financial Review Committee meeting minutes, May 10
- Meeting calendar/community special events calendar
- Claims and demands
- Monthly financial activity report, April 2017
- Government Finance Officers Association certificate of achievement for excellence in financial reporting for the year ended June 30, 2016
- Water quality nuisance diversion agreement and Salt Creek Ozone Treatment Facility backwash agreement amendment with South Coast Water District
- Public hearing and discuss a resolution to adopt the proposed operating and capital improvement budgets for years 2017-2018 and 2018-2019; adoption of a resolution to establish the appropriations limit for fiscal years 2017-2018; adoption of a resolution supporting renewed measure M2 eligibility package; authorize close of currently budgeted CIP projects in fiscal year 2016-201; and authorize city vehicle leasing program contracts
- Approval of a contract agreement for traffic signal maintenance services with Siemens Industry, Inc.
City Council’s public session begins at 6 p.m. The meeting will be held in Council Chambers, located in City Hall at 33282 Street of the Golden Lantern. The agenda can be found by clicking here.