SUPPORT THIS INDEPENDENT JOURNALISM
The article you’re about to read is from our reporters doing their important work — investigating, researching, and writing their stories. We want to provide informative and inspirational stories that connect you to the people, issues and opportunities within our community. Journalism requires lots of resources. Today, our business model has been interrupted by the pandemic; the vast majority of our advertisers’ businesses have been impacted. That’s why the DP Times is now turning to you for financial support. Learn more about our new Insider’s program here. Thank you.
During the upcoming City Council meeting, some items include the approval of a City Manager position, a Doheny Village update and more.
Below are items listed in the meeting’s agenda.
Presentations and Proclamations
- Presentation to Ocean Institute—Nonprofit of the year
- Employee Recognition Presentation—Lauren Kehiayan
- Proclamation to Heather Johnston, outgoing Dana Point Chamber Executive Director
Items under the consent calendar are voted in a roll call vote unless pulled by a City Council member, a staff member or a member of the public.
- Regular meeting minutes, June 20
- Planning Commission meeting minutes, June 26
- Planning Commission actions, meeting of July 10
- Ocean Water Quality Subcommittee minutes, April 25
- Meeting calendar/community special events calendar
- Claims and demands
- Monthly financial activity report, May 2017
- Dana Point Tourism Business Improvement District/Visit Dana Point quarterly report for April-June 2017
- 2017 weed abatement/administrative citation program
- Approval of City Manager employment contract
- Doheny Village Plan update
- City Council attendance at City Commission/Committee board meetings
- Award of contract for the construction of the annual slurry sea project FY 2017/2018
- City Council summer meeting schedule
City Council meets at 6 p.m. in Council Chambers. City Hall is located at 33282 Street of the Golden Lantern. The agenda can be found by clicking here.