SUPPORT THIS INDEPENDENT JOURNALISM
The article you’re about to read is from our reporters doing their important work — investigating, researching, and writing their stories. We want to provide informative and inspirational stories that connect you to the people, issues and opportunities within our community. Journalism requires lots of resources. Today, our business model has been interrupted by the pandemic; the vast majority of our advertisers’ businesses have been impacted. That’s why the DP Times is now turning to you for financial support. Learn more about our new Insider’s program here. Thank you.
Before the Feb. 7 City Council meeting, here are some of the items that may be discussed.
Under consent calendar, the items include:
- Waive the reading of ordinances and approve reading by title only
- Regular meeting minutes, Jan. 17, 2017
- Planning Commission meeting minutes, Dec. 12, 2016
- Planning Commission actions, meeting of Jan. 23, 2017
- Traffic Improvement Subcommittee action minutes, meeting of Nov. 16, 2016
- Youth Board meeting minutes, Dec. 1, 2016
- Meeting calendar/community special events calendar
- City treasurer’s report, December 2016
- Claims and demands
Under new business:
- 2017 Weed abatement program
- Professional services agreements for coastal engineering services
- Consultant services agreement for design of the arterial roadway resurfacing program, Pacific Coast highway from Niguel Road to Green Lantern
- Parks, Recreation and Open Space Master Plan Update
- Association of California Cities—Orange County Membership
- Resolution to amend the member selection process and purpose of the city’s finance review committee and designated committee members
- 5th Marine’s Vietnam War Memorial
- Quarterly financial report, December 2016
- City Council consideration to direct staff to hold a joint workshop with City Council and Planning Commission to discuss Town Center/Lantern District parking policies
- Council discussion and adoption of city purchasing policy as proposed by Mayor Lewis
To see the agenda, click here.
The meeting will begin at 6 p.m. in Council Chambers at Dana Point City Hall.