SUPPORT THIS INDEPENDENT JOURNALISM
The article you’re about to read is from our reporters doing their important work — investigating, researching, and writing their stories. We want to provide informative and inspirational stories that connect you to the people, issues and opportunities within our community. Journalism requires lots of resources. Today, our business model has been interrupted by the pandemic; the vast majority of our advertisers’ businesses have been impacted. That’s why the DP Times is now turning to you for financial support. Learn more about our new Insider’s program here. Thank you.
Dana Point City Council’s Tuesday, Nov. 15 agenda has multiple items to discuss and vote on, including the referendum regarding short-term rentals.
The items below are listed under Consent Calendar and may be discussed if the item is pulled for further discussion.
- Regular meeting minutes, Nov. 1, 2016
- Youth board meeting minutes, Oct. 20, 2016
- Meeting calendar/community special events calendar
- Claims and demands
- Resolution of the City Council authorizing the approval of Measure M (M2) Expenditure report for fiscal year 2015-2016
- Doheny Village plan update
- Disposition of non-essential city records
- Monthly financial activity report, August 2016
- Pines Park arborist report
- There is a public hearing for the second reading and adoptions of the California Codes of regulations title 24 parts 1-12. To read the the ordinance, click here.
- Dana Point Tourism Business Improvement District annual report and renewal for 2017
- Historic Preservation Agreement (Mills Act) for the property located at 34283 Via Lopez
- Ratify the original agreement and approve a contract amendment with Tom Bistline, Inc. for additional as-needed reimbursable public works development water quality inspection services
- Adoption of memorandum of understanding (MOU) between the city of Dana Point Employees Association (DPEA)
- Letter in support to H.R. 6070, Safe Recovery and Community Empowerment Act
- Approval of both a cooperative agreement C-6-1478 with the Orange County Transportation Authority for 2016 Project “V” Community-based transit/circulators grant funds and a contract amendment with Professional Parking, Inc. for additional trolley-shuttle services
- Qualification of referendum petitions on ordinance number 16-06 and ordinance number 16-07 allowing short-term rentals; discussion and/or action pursuant to elections code 9241.
Regarding the short-term rental referendum, city staff are recommending that Council accept the report from the Registrar of Voters, and take one of two actions: Reconsider and repeal the ordinances, submit the ordinances to the voters at the next regular municipal election on June 5, 2018 or submit the ordinances to the voters at a special municipal election prior to June 5, 2018 and adopt a resolution calling the special election.
The meeting will begin on Tuesday, Nov. 19 at 6 p.m. in Dana Point City Hall in Council Chambers.
To view the agenda, click here.