Date: May 11, 2015
Closure and Posted Warning Status Report
No ocean, harbor, or bay water closures are currently in effect.
Bacterial levels in ocean and bay recreational waters exceed health standards at the following locations:
- From the Dana Point Harbor breakwater to 300 feet downcoast of the Dana Point Harbor breakwater at Doheny State Beach.
- From the San Gabriel River jetty to 300 feet downcoast of the San Gabriel River jetty.
- 500 feet near the pedestrian bridge at the north end of Newport Dunes.
Long Term Postings due to Possible Urban Runoff Impacts
- Harbor Tower Marina at Pacific Coast Highway and Newport Blvd.
Posted Advisory Warnings
Bacterial levels at outlets where urban runoff mixes with ocean receiving waters exceed health standards at the following locations:
- 75 feet upcoast of Salt Creek to 75 feet downcoast of Salt Creek at Monarch Beach.
- 75 feet upcoast and 75 feet downcoast of Poche Creek at Poche Beach.
Beach goers should avoid contact with ocean and bay waters in these areas.
The Environmental Health staff advises swimmers that levels of bacteria can rise significantly in ocean and bay waters adjacent to storm drains, creeks and rivers. Swimmers should avoid coastal waters impacted by discharging storm drains, creeks and rivers and beach users should avoid contact with any runoff on the beach during dry or wet weather conditions.
If you would like to report a bather illness, please call 714.433.6280 during business hours which are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. To report a sewage spill, please call 714.433.6419 during business hours or 714.628.7008 after business hours. For questions, call 714.433.6280 during business hours or log on to www.ocbeachinfo.com.