A couple of groups in the city are collecting toys to donate to children this holiday season.
Dana Point VFW Post 9934 will be at the Winter Fest this Saturday, Dec. 3, with a box for Toys for Tots. The toys will be donating to families at Camp Pendleton.
The Post asks any toy be new and unwrapped.
The Post will be at La Plaza Park from 12:30-7:30 p.m.
Toys can also be dropped off at the VFW, located at 33282 Street of the Golden Lantern, Suite 103. For more information, visit www.vfwpost9934.org.
The Dana Point 5th Marines Regiment Support Group is also collecting toys for military families.
Dana Point drop off locations include:
- Dana Point City Hall. 33282 Street of the Golden Lantern
- Harbor Grill, 34499 Street of the Golden Lantern
- Union Bank, 34177 Pacific Coast Highway
- Jacks, 24462 Del Prado
- Dana Point Chamber of Commerce office, 34163 Pacific Coast Highway, Suite 100
- Coffee Importers, 34531 Street of the Golden Lantern
- Laguna Cliffs Marriott Resort and Spa, 25135 Park Lanern
- Dana Point Community Center, 34052 Del Obispo Street
- Dana Wharf Sportfishing & Whale Watching, 34675 Street of the Golden Lantern
- Luxe Restaurant and Martini Bar, 24582 Del Prado
- Cassanova, 33585 Del Obispo
Boxes will be placed around the city until the week of Dec. 12.
Gift cards are accepted for gas stations, WalMart, Toys R Us, grocery stores, movie tickets, fast food, Costco, etc. Gift cards can be mailed to P.O. Box 471, Dana Point, Ca. 92639.
For more information, or to make a donations visit www.danapoint5thmarines.com.