The Dana Point 5th Marine Regiment Support Group’s Operation Care & Comfort is seeking donations of holiday “goodies” for members of the 5th Marine Regiment fighting in Afghanistan.
With the recent closing of the Pakistan border, deliveries need to be sent early in order to arrive for the holidays. The support group is asking for help from the community in their final push to collect items to send.
Donations will be taken through December 15.
The Support Group asks residents to pick up a few items for the Marines while shopping this week.
A printable list of needed items can be found online at www.danapoint5thmarines.com/2011-operation-care-comfort
Contributions may also be made online.
Donation checks, made out to “Dana Point 5th Marine Regiment Support Group” with “Operation Care & Comfort” on the memo line, may be sent by mail to: Dana Point 5th Marine Regiment Support Group, Attn: Operation Care & Comfort, P.O. Box 471, Dana Point, CA 92629-0471.
For questions, call Director of Support Outreach Terry Rifkin at 949.495.5007.
Here is a list of donation drop off locations:
• Dana Point City Hall, 33282 Golden Lantern Street, Dana Point
• Harbor Grill, 34499 Golden Lantern Street, Dana Point
• Starbucks, 32515 Golden Lantern Street, Dana Point
• Union Bank, 34177 Pacific Coast Highway, Dana Point
• Sunsets, 34700 Pacific Coast Hwy, Capistrano Beach
• Jack’s, 24462 Del Prado, Dana Point
• Dana Point Chamber Office, 24681 La Plaza, Suite 115, Dana Point
• South Shores Church on Sundays, 32712 Crown Valley Parkway, Dana Point
• Pacific Western Bank, 34180 Pacific Coast Highway, Dana Point
• Coffee Importers, 34531 Golden Lantern Street, Dana Point
• Capo Beach Calvary Church, 25975 Domingo Avenue, Capistrano Beach